You would know very well how difficult it is to communicate with clients, especially when you work with more than one at the same time. The most common way is through emails, but it is very easy to lose track or to find the one you are looking for.
In reality, you actually spend a significant part of your valuable time to search for emails during one business day. That time could definitely be used more effectively. LogicalPlan has an amazing feature that will solve tracking your communication easy peasy.
Just open the task detail, type the client’s email and it’s done
Imagine a project in LogicalPlan with its structure, tasks groups and tasks set up and you have started to work on its individual tasks. You stumble upon a situation where you need a client’s approval for example for a new banner design for their marketing campaign. The “Invite guest” feature will then come handy.
Just open the task detail where the new banner designs for approval are uploaded, invite the client to the task but as a guest member. You will do that by typing the client’s email.
He or she will then receive an automated email with a direct link to the particular task detail you would like them to be involved in. The client DOES NOT have to register for LogicalPlan.
The client can:
- Communicate with you through the comment window
- Add attachments
- Download attachments
- See only one particular task detail
The client cannot
- Change the task settings
- Browse any part of the LogicalPlan
This feature allows you to cooperate with an unlimited amount of guests.
It is a fast solution for your communication needs that will save you time.
Do you remember how you solved these situations before? It was a headache. Well, it’s time to start working effectively with LogicalPlan.
You gain effective communication and more…
- All your work communication will be in one place (not only with your own team but also with the clients and other externalists)
- Easy cooperation because you don’t have to look up important files
- Easy tracking of communication with your clients.
The most common practical problems addressed by this case study
- Losing the overview of important documents, contracts and overall communication in emails.
- The long search of all documentation you need to complete work with, for example, the client.
- Bad mood at work / in the team caused by a lack of clarity over important data. This often creates unnecessary chaos and an uncomfortable work environment for your work team.